I follow blogs.
I read blogs.
I stalk & lurk on blogs.
I am a blog person. Some people read the news. I read blogs. They're not about new things, not even about old things. They're blogs about things and people and places.
And I love my daily blogs reading session, yes I do. Each day, at about half past noon, I get myself a cup of coffee and I open the reader. It's usually enough to keep me busy for an hour or so. Not just the blog posts themselves but the things they relate to, the things they cascade into.
And that's one of the things I like about reading blogs. It's never just about that post, it's about something else and a little bit more.
Now, having been a blogger myself I know it's quite difficult to produce one meaningful blog post every day. And that is why I do not demand this of the bloggers I follow. That is why I follow enough blogs so in between them they spawn enough blog posts to meet my daily needs.
But lately, like ...lately, oh I guess in the past year, I've noticed a dramatic decrease in posting. Some people don't post as often as they used to, some people just disappeared, vanished and others have quit blogging - they stated so in a last blog post.
Some might argue that with Facebook and Twitter on the rise, it's the normal thing to happen. And I do agree, but only partially.
It's also the fact that people change, things happen in their lives that become more of a priority than blogging. And I don't want to make it sound like it was their job, their duty to share. No, but I was thinking it was something they enjoyed and for it to be omitted completely from one's schedule is a bit..puzzling?
I know I've stopped blogging and I know why I've stopped blogging and my reasons where quite particular and I was never the kind of blogger the people I follow are. So that can't be it.
I guess it boils down to blogging being just a phase, something you enjoy at a particular time in your life and then you move on. No hard feelings.
But I still feel a bit left behind. Like a child's toy that's been put in a box because he has grown up. I haven't changed. I still enjoy the things I like to read about on your blog, so how come you don't like writing about them anymore? Is it me? Is it you?
Maybe it's you and me both...